Indexima performance may be the best, end users may experience slowness. We do recommend reading the following articles in order to analyze the slowness and find a solution.
Best Practices with PowerBI Desktop
Highlights From Microsoft
We do recommend applying the recommendations listed on the page About using DirectQuery in Power BI, especially:
Model Design Guidance (link)
- Avoid complex queries in Query Editor.
- Keep measures simple
- Avoid relationships on calculated columns
- Examine all uses of calculated columns and data type changes
- Avoid the setting Assume referential integrity on all joins when possible
Report Design Guidance (link)
- Limit the number of visuals on a page
- Consider the use of Query Reduction options
Maximum number of connections option for DirectQuery (link)
- DirectQuery opens a default maximum number of 10 concurrent connections. You can change the maximum number for the current file in Power BI Desktop.
Performance Analyzer provided by PowerBI
- by using the Performance Analyzer, you can see and record logs that measure how each of your report elements performs when users interact with them, and which aspects of their performance are most (or least) resource intensive. Go to Use Performance Analyzer to examine report element performance for more information.
Highlights from blogs
We recommend also reading the following blogs:
- Initial sizing: For more details, go to On-premises data gateway sizing.
- Make sure the chosen data center is not far from your data centers. For more details, go to Datacenter Region.
Check dashboard performance
Before going further with adjusting the gateway performance, please read the other Best practices pages the Indexima team made for you.
The more you can follow the best practices, the fewer data will transit between indexima & the gateway, the fewer data the gateway will have to process.
To go further
- Adjust gateway performance based on server CPU: You may modify
- Monitor and optimize on-premises data gateway performance
- Consider a cluster of gateways : For more details, go to Manage on-premises data gateway high-availability clusters and load balancing